April 20, 2018
At SAHMA we respect the privacy of our members and other visitors to our Web site. This policy pertains to all information received through our Site and how your information is collected, used and protected.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us - We collect and store only direct personal information that our members and visitors knowingly provide.
- Information we get from your use of our services - We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like website navigational and engagement behavior. This information is stored and collected by Google Analytics. Information collected by Google remains anonymous and is stored for 38 months then deleted from their servers. This information is collected for website performance analyses only and not used for advertising purposes.
- Device information: We collect device-specific information (such as operating system versions, browser interfaces, and connection speeds). These identifiers are not associated with your SAHMA account and stored independently.
- Log information: When you use our services or view content provided by SAHMA, we automatically collect and store certain website behavior information in data logs. This log is not associated with your SAHMA User Account and cannot be correlated. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries
- Internet protocol addresses
- General location information
- Network and Connectivity
Cookies are used for:
- Security to help us detect malicious activity.
- Performance, analytics, and research to help us understand, improve, and research to improve user experience with the SAHMA website.
From SAHMA Members, Educational Event Registrants, and Other Customers
Members and other users are asked to register and provide some limited information. This information is submitted voluntarily. SAHMA only uses this information to enhance its services to improve its own web content, respond to visitors’ interests and needs and to develop new services. This information is never sold.
Right to access or correct data
Members and SAHMA user personal information is viewable inside your user account. You have the right to correct any personal data SAHMA retains about you, should it contain errors.
Disclosure to Third Parties
SAHMA makes member contact information available through the online Membership Directory to other members using its Web site and to those who register for its meetings, conferences or educational events.
Credit Card Account Information
SAHMA does not retain credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When choosing to pay via credit card this is accomplished using an appropriate secure and PCI compliant web portal integrated on our Web site.
This website contains links to other websites. SAHMA has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies of content of such sites.