Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR) Coordinator
The South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) serves as the Project- Based Section 8 Contract Administrator on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under a Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract. SC Housing contracts with over 250 properties to provide rental assistance subsidy to over 17,000 extremely-low and very-low income families throughout the State of South Carolina. SC Housing's responsibilities include ensuring that owners and their properties comply with the terms of a Housing Assistance Payments Contract and associated HUD regulatory guidance.
This position provides the opportunity to learn about and/or apply an extensive knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements associated with the administration of HUDs Project-Based Rental Assistance program and the associated compliance requirements. There will also be opportunities to learn other duties and responsibilities associated with SC Housing's contractual responsibilities under the Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract.
Essential duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and conducts on-site Management and Occupancy Reviews of properties in SC Housing's Project-Based Rental assistance portfolio to ensure owners/agents comply with applicable HUD regulations and policy guidance.
- Performs and/or follows up on physical inspections to determine that owners/agents have remediated exigent health and safety issues.
- Enters required review data into HUD and other applicable database software.
- Completes, finalizes and provides associated MOR results to property owners/agents for appropriate action.
- Conducts follow-up activities to ensure all identified deficiencies are corrected properly and within established timelines.
- Assists with regulatory research and development of review procedures to ensure an effective and efficient review program.
- Works with program management to develop or revise processes to resolve concerns identified during Quality Control reviews or external audits.
- Develops and provides training and technical assistance to staff, owners/agents and other industry partners related to all aspects of the Management and Occupancy Review requirements and processes.
- Assists in addressing and resolving tenant issues/complaints.
Agency minimum qualifications:
- A high school diploma and two (2) years of full time experience in housing subsidy programs, property management, housing finance or other related housing fields.
- Candidates must specifically meet the Agency Minimum Requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field and related full time experience in housing subsidy programs, property management, housing finance or other related housing fields.
Our Benefits Package:The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package that includes:
Telecommuting Options Accrued Paid Time Off (15 days annual/vacation leave per year and 15 days sick leave per year) 13 paid holidays Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children PEBA Perks Free Telehealth Visits for State Health Plan members Free Health Programs for behavioral health, chronic conditions, healthier lifestyles, and maternity State Retirement Plan Deferred Compensation Programs 401k and 457 plans MoneyPlus (tax-favored accounts program) Employee Assistance Program Adoption Assistance Program Employee Discount Programs Casual Fridays Tuition Reimbursement Program (after 6 months of employment) And much, much more! Location, Location, Location: The Palmetto State offers something for everyone.
Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina's second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state's beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future.
Agency State Housing Finance & Development Authority
300-C Outlet Pointe Blvd.
Columbia, South Carolina, 29210