Leadership Academy FAQs
Leadership Academy FAQs:
- Do I need to be in management in order to apply for the SAHMA Leadership Academy?
No, staff at any level in their organization can apply.
- What if I want to apply to the SAHMA Leadership Academy, but cannot get my Supervisor to sign off on the application? Can I still apply?
It is important to have support from your supervisor, but if you do not, please contact the SAHMA office for more information.
- What if I am the supervisor? Can I apply?
Yes, if you are the supervisor, you may still apply. In this case, please simply state on the application that you are the supervisor.
- How much time will the participants spend outside course time preparing for the webinars/coaching sessions?
Participants will spend 1-2 hours a month, depending on their efforts. However, there are strategies participants will be putting into practice on a regular basis.
- What if I miss a required session? Can I make it up? Will I be able to get my certificate?
Candidates must participate in at least 5 of the 7 online gatherings. These sessions will be recorded, so If you are late or do not make a session, you can request access to the recording so you can review the session and keep up with the group. Yes, you will receive your certificate if you complete the requirements for the Leadership Academy.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations: Must be received in writing by end of day 10 business days prior to the first kickoff event to receive a refund less a $100 fee. After that date, only substitutions may be made until the first kickoff event. NO SHOWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FULL REGISTRATION FEE!
- Can I participate in these sessions from home and/or my office?
Yes, you can particpate from your home or office. It is important that for each event, you secure a quiet space, and you have access via video and audio. You need to be able to see and speak to your colleagues.
- What technical requirements are needed to participate?
To experience the best virtual conference results, we highly recommend that you take our Pre-Flight Check at least one day prior to the event start date. The purpose of this test is to determine if your PC/Mac and your network have all the components required to participate. Please be sure to test the software from the same computer and network (location) that you plan to be on during the days of the event.
- I have tried to run the Pre-Flight Check and my computer is not compatible. What do I do now?
In order to participate in the event(s), you must have a device that is compatible with the Pre-Flight Check.
- How do I access the Leadership Academy?
All virual training sessions will be accessible via Zoom. Individual links will be available for each session and only candidates will have access to the links. Candidates will have access to a Leadership Academy cohort page on the website (must be logged in to your SAHMA web account to access).
- Can I share my registration so multiple people can attend?
No, each candidate must be accepted into the program. The online training credentials received are for the candidate's use only and should not be shared with others.
Multi-Family Insurance Program
Facilities Maintenance Buying Program
2021 Calendars Are Now Available!