Who Should Apply?
The Leadership Academy is for professionals at any level or in any department within their organization to include, but not limited to, on-site staff, regional managers, owners/agents, administrative, facilities maintenance professionals, finance/accounting, human resources, etc. who are interested in strengthening their leadership skills.
We are now accepting applications for the SAHMA Leadership Academy!
The SAHMA Leadership Academy offers the SAHMA community a challenging and engaging learning experience. It is designed to engage and support staff at any level in their organization. Successful organizations want strong leaders thriving throughout their organizations. This learning experience created for an enriched experience of shared learning with colleagues, guest coaches and the facilitators.
Coaching will play an important role throughout the Leadership Academy. Individual coaching helps each person better focus on their individual goals, anchors the concepts presented, and ultimately helps them become more successful. Some of the benefits of coaching are that it empowers individuals and encourages them to take responsibility, increases engagement and satisfaction, and helps individuals work more productively in their teams.
Participants Will Gain:
- Knowledge of who they are as a person and as a leader
- Individualized growth opportunities through coaching
- Tangible tools to help them further develop their skills
- The confidence to lead and grow others around them
- A realization that leaders are found at all levels of organizations
- An understanding of trends, changes, and innovation in affordable housing
- Valuable relationships within SAHMA membership
- Credibility as an employer of choice – investing in their employees
- Recognition as an organization that is engaged in creating a generation of authentic, open-minded, and transformational leaders working at every level of the organization.
- Employees who;
- Are more engaged and understand leaders should be functioning throughout the organization
- Acquire new skills and are better equipped to problem-solve, manage themselves, and develop meaningful relationships
- Feel appreciated by the organization for being selected to participate (staff retention strategy)
- Model the skills senior management wants to see in their organization
For the Statement of Intent, click here.
SAHMA Member - $950
Non-Member - $1150
We will be accepting candidates as applications are submitted. Cohorts will be established once the program is filled. Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, August 31, 2021. We ask that no more than two representatives from any company attend so that we can accommodate everyone.
The program is subject to cancellation if minimum number of applications is not received.
In order to provide dedicated, individualized training we will limit the number of participants accepted to the program to 30. This program will be facilitated 100% virtually.
Once the cohort is established, participants will receive a team assignment prior to the start of the program which will be a small subset the participant will remain with throughout the program.
SCHEDULE: (Team and Individual schedules will be provided once the cohort has been established)
- KICK-OFF Event: The candidates will participate in the 3-hour event with their assigned team.
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 (9am - Noon EST or 1pm - 4pm EST), Thursday, September 23, 2021 (9am - Noon EST or 1pm - 4pm EST), or Friday, Septermber 24, 2021 (9am - Noon EST)
- Online Gatherings: The candidates will participate in 2-hour monthly gatherings via Zoom (10am - Noon EST).
Candidates must participate in at least 5 of the 7 online gatherings.
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022
- Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Individual Coaching Sessions: The candidates will participate in two coaching sessions, approximately one hour each. Candidates must participate in both coaching sessions. Coaching sessions will be scheduled through a sign up form via Doodle.
- Week of October 25th
- Week of February 21st
- Certificate Ceremony: Successful candidates are encouraged to join us during the Awards & Recognitions portion of the SAHMA Leadership Affordable Housing Conference in August 2022 for the certificate ceremony.
Click here for the Leadership Academy FAQs.
For the Pre-Flight Check, click here.