Human Resource Manager I
Salary: $43,030.00 - $79,616.00
Closing Date: 5/12/23, 5:00 PM
The SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) helps families across the state obtain affordable, safe housing. Our staff is passionate about creating solutions that truly make a difference in the lives of others. We are seeking an experienced human resource professional to join the SC Housing leadership team. Our agency’s mission is to create affordable housing opportunities for the citizens of South Carolina and the HR Manager will provide crucial support to our most important asset, our employees.
Though our HR division is small, we administer all the human resources functions for SC Housing. We strive to provide fair, timely, and effective guidance to our employees and work to recruit and retain staff with the professional experience and certifications needed to accomplish our mission. We are seeking an HR Manager who is just as passionate about creating an environment of employee commitment, trust, and dedication.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager:
Under general supervision, the incumbent serves in a generalist role performing a wide variety of Human Resources (HR) functions to include:
- Classification and compensation, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, payroll administration, onboarding, and other HR functions.
- Functions as the Agency benefits administrator, counseling employees on all aspects of health and retirement benefits.
- Manages the annual enrollment process.
- Assists with employment services as related to processing HR paperwork and new hires.
- Ensures HR matters are being completed in compliance with agency, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Assists with compiling reports related to payroll, recruiting, benefits, position classifications, compensation, EEO, and affirmative action.
- Utilizing HR reports, identifies, researches and resolves payroll and time/attendance discrepancies.
- Supports the Human Resources Department in related duties including personnel administration, reporting and troubleshooting.
- Serves as the HR lead in HR transactions, reporting and electronic document imaging.
- Manages employee data within SCEIS/SAP and other state and agency systems.
- Ensures human resources matters are being completed in compliance with agency, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Assists the human resources team with a variety of complex and confidential duties.
- Provides excellent customer service to employees.
A bachelor's degree and a minimum of four (4) years of full-time experience in multiple functional areas of human resources management.
* Candidates must specifically meet the Agency Minimum Requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.
Knowledge of principles and practices of HR management. Ability to exercise judgment, discretion and confidentiality in applying and interpreting a variety of state, federal and agency policies and procedures. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications. Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
Must be able to lift and carry files, books and reports weighing up to 20 lbs. Must be able to
perform filing, desk work and operate general office equipment. Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged or intermittent periods of time with limited scheduled breaks. The employee must be able to perform these tasks with or without reasonable accommodations. SC Housing is committed to a diverse workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, including pregnancy & childbirth (or related medical conditions), age, or disability.
The state of South Carolina offers eligible employees generous benefits, including health and dental insurance; retirement and savings plan options; and paid vacation and sick leave. Plus, work-life balance programs such as telecommuting and flexible work schedules are available to employees of some state agencies.
Eligible employees may enroll in health insurance, which includes prescription coverage and wellness benefits. Other available insurance benefits include dental, vision, term life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses.
State employees are also offered retirement plan options, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Additionally, eligible employees may elect to participate in the South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program, which is a voluntary, supplemental retirement savings plan offering 401(k) and 457 plan options.
State employees may also be eligible for other benefits, including tuition assistance; holiday, annual and sick leave; and discounts on purchases, travel and more.
To apply, please visit and send updated resume to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/schousing/jobs/4011793/human-resources-manager-i