Event Code of Conduct
SAHMA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all event participants and SAHMA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, SAHMA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct.
SAHMA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants or our staff during our events. If you experience harassment, discrimination or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, SAHMA asks that you inform SAHMA staff at email@example.com or (800) 745 - 4088 so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SAHMA staff member, service provider, or other conference guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SAHMA staff member, service provider, or other conference guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by SAHMA throughout the event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any SAHMA event staff.
- Presentations, conversations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, recruiting materials, product announcements, or solicitation for services. SAHMA reserves the right to remove such messages or materials and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take photos or videos of sessions, Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the in-person or virtual space.
SAHMA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and SAHMA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event, virtually or in person.