Introduction to Green Building Principles & Practices Webinar
Thursday, April 2, 2020
10:00 - 11:30 am EST
(9:00 - 10:30 am CST)
SAHMA Members: $95
Introduction to Green Building Principles provides participants an introduction into energy and sustainability principles and practices within the affordable multifamily sector. Its contents identify basic health, environmental and sustainability principles, specifically pointing to how they play a vital part in day-to-day site operations and maintenance.
Trainer: Scott Ployer, National Property Management Strategies Group, LLC
- Develop a more comprehensive understanding of health, energy and sustainability principles and how they positively affect the community
- Review recommended O&M practices, protocols and programs that will assist their organizations with energy and water reduction, ensuring healthier environments for both residents and staff, identify utilities cost savings, reduction of greenhouse gases/carbon footprint as well as better overall building durability
- Determine what level of energy audit or assessment needs to be completed and by whom
- Identify the importance of the eight-(8) Healthy Home Principles and incorporate them into daily site operations
- Understand the impact of the four “R’s” – reduce, reuse, recycle and recovery and apply them confidently into daily practices
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Sensitive) sustainability goals and perform regular checks to track progress
This class offers 1.5 hours of continuing education credits
Cancellations: Must be received in writing by end of day the Monday prior to the event to receive a refund less a $25 fee. After that date, only substitutions may be made. NO SHOWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FULL REGISTRATION FEE!
Confirmation: If you do not receive an email confirmation of your registration, contact the SAHMA office.
Questions: Call SAHMA at 800.745.4088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Space is limited. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. This webinar is subject to cancellation if minimum number of registrations is not received.