Importance of Water Conservation
Thursday, May 13, 2021
10:00 - 11:30 am EST
(9:00 - 10:30 am CST)
SAHMA Members: $95
Importance of Water Conservation and Efficiency provides participants with an overview of water conservation measures that are both environmentally and fiscally important in affordable housing communities. With this class, participants will gain a better understanding of how to conserve this vital resource at their own community and how to become better global citizens.
- Implement basic principles of water conservation and efficiency to affordable multifamily housing
- Create a partnership between owners, managers and residents to drive conservation efforts within their communities
- Perform a water assessment that will benchmark daily water usage on a gallons per bedroom per day method then use that data to determine where the property stands and how to reduce its daily consumption going forward
- Assure that the water conservation measures that are agreed-upon are documented, implemented, monitored and are providing the intended payback
- Utilize Energy Star® criteria, the U.S. EPA Portfolio Manager benchmarking platform tools, Energy Scorecards as well as any third-party service providers like Wegowise, Bright Power or other providers that assist companies monitor building conservation measures and alert them to spikes or other anomalies
Trainer: Scott Ployer, National Property Management Strategies Group, LLC
This class offers 1.5 hours of continuing education credits
Cancellations: Must be received in writing by end of day the Monday prior to the event to receive a refund less a $25 fee. After that date, only substitutions may be made. NO SHOWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FULL REGISTRATION FEE!
Confirmation: If you do not receive an email confirmation of your registration, contact the SAHMA office.
Questions: Call SAHMA at 800.745.4088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each participant must be registered. The online training credentials received are for the registrant's use only and should not be shared with others.
*Space is limited. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. This webinar is subject to cancellation if minimum number of registrations is not received.