NAHMA HUD Update: HUD releases VAWA Reauthorization Act of 2013 - Additional Guidance for Multifamily Owners and Management Agents
Today, HUD issued the attached housing notice (H 2017-05), Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Reauthorization Act of 2013 – Additional Guidance for Multifamily Owners and Management Agents.
As stated in the guidance, “this notice provides guidance to owners and management agents (O/As) of HUD multifamily assisted housing on the requirements of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013: Implementation in HUD Housing Programs, Final Rule….This notice does not encompass every aspect of the VAWA Final Rule and should be used in conjunction with the VAWA Final Rule. This notice supersedes Housing Notices H 2010-23 and H 2009-15.”
The VAWA notice applies to the following programs:
- Project-based Section 8 programs,
- Section 202/162 Project Assistance Contract (PAC)
- Section 202 Project Rental Assistance Contract (PRAC)
- Section 202 Senior Preservation Rental Assistance Contracts (SPRAC)
- Section 811 PRAC
- Section 811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA)
- Section 236 (including RAP)
- Section 221(d)(3)/(d)(5) Below Market Interest Rate (BMIR)
The VAWA notice can be found on NAHMA's website here. NAHMA will keep members updated on any additional guidance from HUD, such trainings and FAQs (subject to their availability).
Juliana Bilowich, Government Affairs Coordinator
National Affordable Housing Management Association
400 N. Columbus St., Suite 203, Alexandria, VA 22314