FHA-Insured Mortgage Loan Servicing for Performing Loans; MIP Processing, Escrow Administration, Customer Service, Servicing Fees, and 235 Loans
60-Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: FHA-Insured Mortgage Loan Servicing for Performing Loans; MIP Processing, Escrow Administration, Customer Service, Servicing Fees, and 235 Loans, OMB Control No.: 2502-0583
AGENCY: Office of the Assistant Secretary for Housing- Federal Housing Commissioner, HUD.
SUMMARY: HUD is seeking approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act, HUD is requesting comment from all interested parties on the proposed collection of information. The purpose of this notice is to allow for 60 days of public comment.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This notice informs the public that HUD is seeking approval from OMB for the information collection described in Section A.
A. Overview of Information Collection
- Title of Information Collection: FHA-Insured Mortgage Loan Servicing for Performing Loans; MIP Processing, Escrow Administration, Customer Services, Servicing Fees, and 235 Loans.
- OMB Approval Number: 2502-0583.
- Type of Request: Extension of currently approved collection.
- Form Numbers: None.
- Description of the need for the information and proposed use: This information request is a comprehensive collection for Mortgagees that service FHA-insured mortgage loans and are involved with the collection and payment of mortgage insurance premiums (MIPs), the processing of loan payments, escrow account administration, providing loan information and customer service to the Mortgagor, and assessing post-endorsement fees and charges, and servicing Section 235 loans.
- Respondents: Servicers of FHA-insured mortgage loans.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 340.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 73,801,022.
- Frequency of Response: Monthly.
- Average Hours per Response: 6-30 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burdens: 1,489,563.
To view the full notice in the Federal Register, click here.