Allocation of Operating Fund Grant Under the Operating Fund Formula: Data Collection
60-Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: Allocation of Operating
Fund Grant Under the Operating Fund Formula: Data Collection
AGENCY: Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing, PIH, HUD.
SUMMARY: HUD is seeking approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act, HUD is requesting comment from all interested parties on the proposed collection of information. The purpose of this notice is to allow for 60 days of public comment.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This notice informs the public that HUD is seeking approval from OMB for the information collection described in Section A.
A. Overview of Information Collection
- Title of Information Collection: Allocation of Operating Funds under the Operating Fund Formula: Data Collection.
- OMB Approval Number: 2577-0029.
- Type of Request: Extension of currently approved collections.
- Form Number: HUD-52722 and HUD-52723.
- Description of the need for the information and proposed use: Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) use this information in budget submissions which are reviewed and approved by HUD field offices as the basis for obligating the operating fund grant. This information is necessary to calculate the eligibility for the operating fund grant under the Operating Funding Program regulations, as amended. The Operating Fund is designed to provide the amount of operating funds needed for well-managed PHAs. PHAs submit the information electronically with these forms.
The following changes occurred in this submission. The form no longer includes blocks 4. Unit Change Indicator and 5. Rate Reduction Incentive. The form includes adjustments to improve the workflow of the form. Adjustments include changes to formatting and adding Line 19 Total base utilities expense level for respondents to clearly understand where to sum the results of data collected in columns.
HUD collects information for HUD-52723 and HUD-52722 through VBA enhanced Microsoft Excel Tools. In fiscal year 2021, HUD plans to transition to web-based forms HUD-52723 and HUD-52722. HUD planned a phased launch of the web-based collection. Initially the collection by web-based forms is limited to subset PHAs that HUD expands each subsequent year until all PHAs exclusively use the web-based forms. PHAs without access to the web-based forms continue to use the Excel based forms. Web-based forms improves the availability of the forms to PHAs, improves data integrity, and secure transfer of the data from the PHA to HUD
To view the full notice in the Federal Register, click here.