NAHMA Rural Update: A message from USDA Multi-Family about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
A message from USDA-RHS on their COVID-19 relief efforts to housing partners.Dear Multifamily Housing Partners,
USDA is monitoring the effects that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is having on the multifamily housing community. On behalf of USDA's Office of the Multifamily Housing, we'd like to provide an update on how we are adapting to manage this situation:
- All agency operations and functions will continue remotely. Owners and agents should contact their State Program Director or assigned field staff for property specific inquiries.
- Adam Hauptman, the Assistant Deputy Administrator for Rural Development MFH Programs at USDA, is the main point of contact for our national Multifamily stakeholders. Adam.Hauptman@usda.gov; (202) 690-3306.
- Rural Development State Offices have been notified to follow all local and state directives for response to COVID-19. Regular status calls are held with State Directors and guidance will be issued as needed.
- Owners and agents should follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and the directions given by local health officials for emergency preparedness. Chapter 9, Section 6 of Handbook 2-3560, Special Procedures for Declared Disasters, should also be consulted if a Presidential Disaster Declaration is made.
- The CDC provides guidance for communities, businesses and schools that can assist housing providers.
For program information...