NAHMA Update: Join NAHMA's Hill Visit Prep Webinar - Friday Oct 11 @ 2pm EST
- By: admin
- On: 10/04/2019 09:21:15
- In: NAHMA Update
Interested in NAHMA's advocacy efforts this October? Join NAHMA's upcoming Hill Visit prep webinar!
Joining NAHMA's advocacy program is easier than you think. While in town for the NAHMA October Meeting, head to Capitol Hill with your fellow NAHMA members to let lawmakers know why our industry matters, and post on social media about your advocacy experience.
Here are the steps for making your voice heard on affordable housing issues while in Washington, DC:
- Thanks to those of you who reached out for help scheduling Hill Visits. If you haven't done so already, please let us know if you need assistance ASAP.
- Join our Hill Visit Prep webinar on Friday, October 11, at 2pm EST to go over NAHMA advocacy messaging and best practices for successful meetings with lawmakers.
NAHMA's Hill Visit Prep Webinar
Hosted by NAHMA's Grassroots Advocacy Taskforce
Friday, October 11, 2019 - 2pm EST
To join the webinar from a computer, please visit https://meetings.ringcentral.
To join by phone: +1(773)2319226; Meeting ID: 148 915 8322
During the webinar, we will go over the following materials (and more):
- Hill Visit Overview – Where to go, what to wear, and what not to bring through security
- Sample Meeting Talking Points – October 2019 – A sample outline of a meeting with congressional staff, including key policy items
- Best practices for visiting Congress – Do's and Don'ts for effective advocacy on Capitol Hill
- National FY20 Rental Assistance Fact Sheet – Fact Sheet for lawmakers explaining the impacts of Rental Assistance programs nationwide, as well as NAHMA's FY20 funding requests for housing programs
- National LIHTC Factsheet – An advocacy sheet from the ACTION campaign providing information on the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit and how Congress can support this essential program
Juliana Bilowich, Manager of Government Affairs
National Affordable Housing Management Association
400 N. Columbus St., Suite 203, Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone 703-683-8630, ext.116 Email email@example.com, Website www.nahma.org
NAHMA is the leading voice for affordable housing management, advocating on behalf of multifamily property managers and owners whose mission is to provide quality affordable housing