NAHMA HUD Update: HUD Issues Clarifications on Working with Residents at MFH Properties
Recently, HUD issued a memorandum providing clarifications to existing HUD guidance related to working with residents and addressing issues at HUD MFH properties, as well as a reminder of the importance of following the guidance.
The memo covers the following items:
- Owners' Responsibility to Notify Residents of a Physical Inspection
- Owners' Responsibility to Make Inspection Documents Available for Comment and Review
- Implementation of New House Rules at Assisted Housing Properties
- Owner Responses to Tenant Complaints
- Owner Self-Certification of Complete Repairs and Exigent Health and Safety (EH&S) Findings
To view the attached memo online, please click here.
Juliana Bilowich, Manager of Government Affairs
National Affordable Housing Management Association
400 N. Columbus St., Suite 203, Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone 703-683-8630, ext.116 Email email@example.com, Website www.nahma.org
NAHMA is the leading voice for affordable housing management, advocating on behalf of multifamily property managers and owners whose mission is to provide quality affordable housing.