RHIIP Listserv Posting #396 -- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Resources for Multifamily Assisted Housing
HUD has created a VAWA web page for assisted housing owners, agents, industry professionals, and residents. The web page contains links to the following:
- Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013;
- HUD's final VAWA rule;
- Press release announcing the rule's publication;
- Multifamily Housing program notice H 2017-05, “Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Reauthorization Act of 2013 – Additional Guidance for Multifamily Owners and Management Agents”;
- July 26 and August 1, 2017 training webcasts on YouTube and associated PowerPoint slides;
- A summary of industry Questions & Answers;
- HUD VAWA Forms, and
- Additional survivor resources.
For questions on the web page or Multifamily VAWA requirements, please contact Carissa Janis in the HUD Multifamily Office of Asset Management and Portfolio Oversight at Carissa.email@example.com.