05/02/2022 | ManSerMar | Lexington, KY
Under the direction and supervision of the Property Manager, responsible for assisting with all phases of the operation of the property, including, but not limited to, the general day to day operations, the direction, and oversight of all personnel, and ensuring that the property is always maintained in good physical condition with a stabilized fiscal operation. Must treat the residents with dignity and respect and provide excellent customer service to the residents.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform receptionist duties such as answering telephones, and greeting guests and residents, contractors, vendors, and other visitors.
- Assist in marketing the property in accordance with the Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and answer inquiries about possible vacancies and discuss eligibility requirements.
- Assist the Property Manager in completing the application process, and processing verification forms according to federal regulations.
- Assist the Property Manager with all details of move-ins and move-outs, giving special attention to apartment inspection move-in and move-outs.
- Facilitate the recertification process by preparing the appropriate documents completely, accurately, and in a timely for the Property Manager’s review, and other administrative duties.
- Support the Property Manager in the maintenance of the property files, including but not limited to office files, resident files, maintenance work order files, etc. Files should be organized and secured, with information held in confidence.
- Facilitate in collecting and posting rents, fees, and other charges. Write receipts, prepare bank deposits, and make deposits at the direction of the Property Manager.
- Report all accidents and emergencies to the Property Manager immediately.
- Assist the Property Manager in preparing written documentation in all situations with supporting photographs. Work with residents and resident organizations and provide assistance in coordinating and facilitating resident activities.
- Inspect the property's interior and exterior as directed by the Property Manager.
- Record all deficiencies and generate appropriate work orders, reporting deficiencies to the Property Manager upon return.
- Assist the Property Manager in the training of staff and the oversight of work performed by all staff members.
- Generate work requests from residents; supervise maintenance staff as directed by the Property Manager to include establishing schedules, assigning personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, ensuring that all maintenance requests are handled on an immediate on-call basis, if possible, and notifying residents if there is a delay because parts must be ordered.
- Complete purchase orders and order supplies as instructed by the Property Manager.
- Assist the Property Manager in processing accounts payable including collecting and compiling the necessary documentation and backup and submitting the proper documentation to the corporate office.
- Maintain all resident files in a current, orderly fashion and in accordance with the HUD and tax credit requirements (if applicable) and guidance in the Site Procedures Manual.
- Perform the duties of the Property Manager when the Property Manager is not on site.
- All other duties as assigned.
Always use common sense and good judgment in day-to-day operations and demonstrate self-control. Must demonstrate a pleasing personality and treat residents with dignity and respect. Must demonstrate the ability to get along with coworkers. Must demonstrate attention to detail in completing paperwork. Always maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance and a clean and orderly office.
QualificationsAbility to work efficiently with minimal supervision. Must have a property management background and have a working knowledge of HUD and tax credit regulations and requirements. Must have the ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of co-workers and to assist in leading them to provide a quality work and living environment. Must have strong computer and office equipment skills. Must demonstrate good judgment in day-to-day operations and the ability to maintain accurate records. Must be trustworthy, dependable, and show initiative.
Essential FunctionsThe Assistant Manager must: i) possess vision to read printed materials, smartphone screens, computer screens and to make a visual inspection of the building and grounds; ii) be able to clearly communicate in person, over a telephone, and in writing in English (ability to communicate in other languages is a plus); iii) be able to handle, feel, and reach; iv) possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform basic office functions and complete physical inspections when necessary; v) interact positively with residents; vi) be able to frequently walk, sit, and stand; vii) be able to work in settings with continuous interruptions and background noises; viii) be able to file letters, correspondence, reports, etc. in file cabinets drawers ranging from 1 foot to 7 foot high; ix) be able to work under stress of meeting demanding deadlines, changing priorities and conditions; x) have the ability to keep calm and remain professional with residents and staff in high pressure and emergency situations; xi) be proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and the Microsoft Office software and able to perform basic mathematical computations; xii) be able to work extended hours of time viewing a computer video monitor and/or operating a keyboard and be able to have daily exposure to video terminals; xiii) must be able to analyze and develop solutions to problems; xiv) maintain an organized office; xv) maintain a courteous and professional attitude at all times; xvi) be available outside of normal working hours for emergency calls as needed; xvii) be available to occasionally travel to other properties/locations for training or provide support, and xviii) be committed to excellence and personal integrity.
Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, and Life Insurance are available. 401(k) Salary Savings Plan
Email cover letter and resume to: ssmithmansermar.com