Administrative Assistant (Full-Time)
04/29/2022 | ManSerMar | Lexington, KY
Scope and Purpose
Under the direction and supervision of the Property Manager, assist with and in all phases of the Property operations. The primary focus is the management of resident paperwork and of the property files. In the absence of the Property Manager, supervise the office and maintenance staff to ensure the property is well maintained at all times in a safe, clean, and sanitary condition. Treat all residents with dignity and respect. Provide excellent customer service;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform receptionist duties such as answering telephones, greeting guests and residents, contractors, vendors, and other visitors;
- Answer inquiries about possible vacancies and discuss eligibility requirements;
- Facilitate in collecting and posting rents, fees, and other charges. Write receipts, prepare bank deposits and make deposits at the direction of the Property Manager;
- Support the Property Manager in the maintenance of the property files, including but not limited to office files, resident files, maintenance work order files, etc. Files should be organized and secured, with information held in confidence;
- Assist the Property Manager in completing the application process, and processing verification forms according to federal regulations;
- Assist the Property Manager and when necessary, at the Property Manager’s direction, interview prospective residents, conduct resident move-ins and move-outs to include completing apartment inspections;
- Facilitate the recertification process by preparing the appropriate documents completely, accurately, and in time for the Property Manager’s review, and other administrative duties;
- Generate work requests from residents;
- Report all accidents and emergencies to the Property Manager immediately. Assist the Property Manager in preparing written documentation in all situations with supporting photographs;
- Complete purchase orders and order supplies as instructed by the Property Manager;
- Assist the Property Manager in processing accounts payable including collecting and compiling the necessary documentation and backup and submitting the proper documentation to the corporate office;
- Inspect the property's interior and exterior at the direction of the Property Manager. Record all deficiencies and generate appropriate work orders, reporting deficiencies to Property Manager upon return; Provide assistance in coordinating and facilitating resident activities;
Always use common sense and good judgment in day-to-day operations and demonstrate self-control. Must demonstrate a pleasing personality and treat residents with dignity and respect. Must have the ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents and coworkers. Must demonstrate attention to detail in completing paperwork. Always maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance and a clean and orderly office.
Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision. Experience in property management and a working knowledge of HUD and tax credit regulations and requirements is preferred. Must have the ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of co-workers and be dedicated to supporting a quality work environment. Must have strong computer and office equipment skills. Must demonstrate good judgment in day-to-day operations and the ability to maintain accurate records. Must be trustworthy, dependable, and show initiative.
Essential Job Function
The Administrative Assistant must: i) possess vision to read printed materials, smartphone screens, computer screens and to make a visual inspection of the building and grounds; ii) be able to clearly communicate in person, over a telephone, and in writing in English (ability to communicate in other languages is a plus); iii) be able to handle, feel, and reach; iv) possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform basic office functions and complete physical inspections when necessary; v) interact positively with residents; vi) be able to frequently walk, sit, and stand; vii) be able to work in settings with continuous interruptions and background noises; viii) be able to file letters, correspondence, reports, etc. in file cabinets drawers ranging from 1 foot to 7 foot high; ix) be able to work under stress of meeting demanding deadlines, changing priorities and conditions; x) have the ability to keep calm and remain professional with residents and staff in high pressure and emergency situations; xi) be proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and the Microsoft Office software and able to perform basic mathematical computations; xii) be able to work extended hours of time viewing a computer video monitor and/or operating a keyboard and be able to have daily exposure to video terminals; xiii) must be able to analyze and develop solutions to problems; xiv) maintain an organized office; xv) maintain a courteous and professional attitude at all times; xvi) be available outside of normal working hours for emergency calls as needed; xvii) be available to occasionally travel to other properties/locations for training or provide support, and xviii) be committed to excellence and personal integrity.
Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance available. 401(k) plan
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org