Rental Assistance & Compliance Director
Rental Assistance & Compliance Director
7/22/2021 | SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority | Lexington Co., SC
Are you looking for a purpose-driven career that gives you a reason to come to work beyond just receiving a paycheck? Well, look no further! The SC Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) is actively searching for a Director for our Rental Assistance and Compliance Division!
Why join SC Housing?
We know our employees work hard, so we work hard to encourage a culture that promotes work-life balance, well-being and employee engagement/recognition. We are a forward-thinking organization that is committed to changing lives by creating safe, decent, and affordable housing opportunities that fulfill dreams and inspire hope in our citizens. Our staff energizes the work that we do, and helps find solutions that make a difference in the lives of others. If you want to be part of an organization that allows you to connect your passion for improving the lives of others to purpose, we invite you to join our team of energetic housing champions!
How will you fit in?
In this role, you will play an integral part in fulfilling SC Housing's mission to create quality affordable housing opportunities for the citizens of South Carolina. As a member of Senior Leadership, you will keep the Executive Director apprised of the activities and needs of your division. You will direct a cross-functional team where it is expected that you will: respect and embrace diversity, develop and cultivate positive work relationships, extend your expertise to grow the mission of the agency, engage in strategic planning, and serve as liaison on affordable housing issues that impact the agency.
What will you do?
This position provides the unique opportunity to direct and manage the overall design, implementation and daily operations of the Housing Choice Voucher Program, Contract Administration Department, and Compliance Monitoring Department at SC Housing.
Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
The HCVP assists low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled in having affordable, decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private rental market. SC Housing provides rental assistance subsidy in seven South Carolina counties for approximately 2,400 families through an Annual Contributions Contract (ACC) with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Rental Assistance & Compliance Director will:
- Oversee the operations of the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP).
- Direct the management and staff responsible for conducting all activities associated with program administration.
- Monitor the distribution of Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) funds.
Contract Administration (CA)
SC Housing also serves as the Project-Based Section 8 Contract Administrator on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under a Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract. The Rental Assistance & Compliance Director will:
- Oversee the operations of the Contract Administration Department.
- Direct the management and staff responsible for conducting all activities associated with the administration of the Section 8 Project-Based Housing Assistance Payment Contracts under the Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract with HUD.
SC Housing is responsible for conducting ongoing compliance monitoring of approximately 1000 multi-family rental developments throughout the State of South Carolina. The Rental Assistance & Compliance Director will:
- Oversee the operations of the Compliance Monitoring Department.
- Direct the management and staff responsible for conducting all activities associated with ensuring properties funded through the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), Housing Trust Fund (HTF), Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Neighborhood Stabilization (NSP), and Tax Exempt Bond (TEB) programs remain in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
The Rental Assistance & Compliance Director will also:
- Respond to legislative and public inquiries.
- Participate in public meetings and on committees as a representative of SC Housing.
- Provide technical and special assistance to applicants, participants, property owners and local officials concerning program policies.
- Communicate with and maintain professional liaison with affordable housing partners, stake holders, State and Federal Agencies and external customers.
Agency Minimum Qualifications:*
- A Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- Seven (7) years of broad based senior level management experience in a service driven organization of comparable complexity; Significant experience in housing management, housing finance or other housing related field.
- Four (4) years of full-time supervisory management experience, which may run concurrently with professional experience.
*An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted to meet the agency minimum requirements. (i.e. 1 year of education = 1 year of related experience)
What makes us Different?
We are a state governmental agency but one unlike you've encountered before. We operate much more like a private sector business. We are a completely self-sustaining operation that offers rental and homeownership products and services and we face many of the same regulatory, market, and financial hurdles of private sector financial institutions. Our clear advantage to employees is that we offer challenging, and meaningful work but with an appropriate work-life, home-life balance as well as excellent state government benefits. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with a person who is energetic, brilliant, and talented.
Our Benefits Package:
The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package that includes:
- Accrued Paid Time Off (15 days annual/vacation leave per year and 15 days sick leave per year)
- 13 paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- PEBA Perks
- Free Telehealth Visits for State Health Plan members
- Free Health Programs (Rally, Naturally Slim, and Health Coaching for behavioral health, chronic conditions, healthier lifestyles, and maternity)
- State Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation Programs
- 401k and 457 plans
- MoneyPlus (tax-favored accounts program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Casual Fridays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (after 6 months of employment)
- And much, much more!
Location, Location, Location:
The Palmetto State offers something for everyone. Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina's second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state's beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future
For more information and to apply online, please visit: