Project Development Coordinator
An exciting opportunity is available for a strategic and visionary individual to assist Givens in expanding our affordable senior housing as Project Development Coordinator. This is a new position created to assist with planning and development of proposed affordable housing developments in Western North Carolina and to work collaboratively with investors/funders, architects, contractors, and city/county officials from predevelopment through closing and lease-up.
- Evaluate and prioritizing potential affordable and middle-income senior housing projects. Assist in generating budgets and pro forma to evaluate financial feasibility of potential projects.
- Provide support in obtaining acquisition, construction and permanent financing for projects including LIHTC, HOME, and other funding applications.
- Coordinate schedules with contractors for pre-development activities, project completions, and closings.
- Coordinate with funders, and attorneys during underwriting and closing process, including document and contract review.
- Track invoices and submit construction draws for review in a timely and efficient manner while monitoring the actual and anticipated project sources and use over the construction period.
- Collaborate with the Property Management Team on operating budgets and assist in facilitating a seamless transition to occupancy for the long-term viability of each property developed.
- Collaborate with the Resident Services Team to assist in preparing supportive service plans and identify sources of necessary funding.
- Develop and maintain relationships with federal, states and local funders, government agencies, community and neighborhood groups, development partners and industry professionals.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with LIHTC, HUD, and other state and local requirements from pre-development to closing.
- The ideal candidate is committed to the mission, takes initiative, is hard-working and interested in growing their own skills in affordable housing development. They will have deep respect for and desire to serve older adults with low and modest incomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of real estate, business administration, finance, urban development, public administration, or related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in real estate development, affordable housing, urban planning, community planning, or related field. Affordable housing experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational, financial, and analytical skills.
- The ability to research various state, county and municipal requirements, review and/or proofread partnership agreements, promissory notes, escrow instructions, leases, contracts and other typed material for; contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Expertise in a variety of computer software applications including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Adobe, etc. and ability to learn and use other specialized software programs effectively.
- Must possess excellent judgment, a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with a high degree of professional discretion.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to prepare/draft professional correspondence including letters, agreements, and similar correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with contractors, partners, public and private agencies, and co-workers.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and multiple project responsibilities and working under pressure to meet deadlines.
Compensation: $65,000 - $75,000 annually plus a comprehensive benefits package!
- $1,000 sign-on bonus - Paid out in increments over the first six months
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Lincoln Life insurance products
Please apply through our website using this link: https://grnh.se/d6f829161us