The Community Manager is responsible for the overall performance of their assigned property. Duties include managing and directing the on-site staff, processing resident certifications, resident relations, and preparation/management of property budgets.
- Accountable for all aspects of the day-to-day operation of assigned property.
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are always fully functional and maintained.
- Frequent interaction with residents, proactively responding to their needs; focus on relationship development and resident retention.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through implementation of effective cost control.
- Develop yearly operating and capital budget plans.
- Monitor and enforce resident lease obligations.
- Understand and maintain strict adherence to State and Federal Fair Housing Laws.
- Communicate effectively with site staff members and ensure compliance of all personnel policies and procedures.
- Provide direction and oversight to property maintenance staff.
- Ensure that units/space conditions are in market ready condition.
- Promote and teach safe work practices and ensure all safety of site and the occupants.
- Perform regular inspections of managed property.
- Bid, negotiate and manage vendor service contracts and one-time projects.
- Complete and submit all records, reports, and documents required by the company and federal or state agencies in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for rental collection and posting as well as inputting invoices.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years property management experience and excellent organization and communication skills. Candidate must have the experience and ability to manage staff, manage a budget, maintain property, and collect rents. Project-Based Section 8, Section 236, and Tax Credit experience are preferred. Other relevant experienced will be considered.
We offer excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Candidate must pass a criminal background check as well as a pre-employment drug screen. EOE.
Visit www.alcomgt.com/careers to complete an employment application and submit resumes.