A senior subsidy apartments facility is seeking a full time experienced Maintenance Technician. Candidate should be knowledgeable in all aspects of “hands on” maintenance; i.e. plumbing, painting, electrical, carpentry, dry-wall repair, etc. HVAC knowledge helpful but not required.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE
To serve as maintenance technician for the project and be responsible for preserving, upholding and maintaining the building(s) in a superior condition, performing duties in an efficient and timely manner.
To perform and ensure all work is completed in accordance with the standards outlined in the “Site Procedure Manual.” To be responsible for ensuring company policy and procedures are being enforced.
Duties include maintaining Purchase order Logs, Work Order Logs, Preventive Maintenance Logs, and ordering maintenance supplies/parts and maintaining an inventory control system so that the project has the supplies necessary to maintain the building and dwelling units.
The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Site Manager. If the property does not have a Maintenance Supervisor he/she will report directly the Site Manager concerning the day-to-day maintenance operations.
Job requires person that can make heavy lifts, (HVAC units or other equipment in excess of 50 lbs.) Overhead reaching to change light bulbs, paint walls and ceilings, make sheet rock repairs, squatting to clean floors, make plumbing repairs, etc.
1. Perform custodial responsibilities.
2. Police grounds and remove trash as needed. Remove trash from chute and dispose of as provided and as needed. Deodorize trash room on regular basis.
3. Check all plumbing fixtures in common areas for leaks.
4. Maintain community room, setting up tables and chairs as needed.
5. Put up elevator pads for moving furniture, if applicable.
1. Perform duties of maintenance technician.
2. Complete all work order requests within 24 hours.
3. Maintenance will receive work orders from the Site Manager or Administrative Assistant. Each work order request will include, but not limited to, the scope of work to be completed, date time in and out, unit number and name of tenant and whether or not it is OK to enter unit in the absence of the tenant.
4. Completed work orders will include:
- All work performed
- Time in and time out
- If work is satisfactorily completed
- Materials/parts used
- Remarks (if any)
6. Maintain maintenance files per unit. Any repairs made to a unit require a notation in the unit file.
7. Maintain mechanical equipment service records, and preventive logs.
8. Perform preventive maintenance requirements.
9. Check and maintain mechanical equipment as instructed in owner’s manual.
10. Check heating and air-conditioning units and change/clean air filters as indicated in the preventive maintenance schedule.11. Check refrigerator units, cleaning coils and perform other preventive maintenance functions as instructed in owner’s manual.
12. Make A/C repairs, if HVAC and EPA certified. Maintenance Technician will follow the Company Policy on Preventive Maintenance and adhere to the program schedule.
1. All equipment, tools, and appliances shall be inventoried and lists of equipment and serial numbers be recorded.
2. Inventory of supplies, tools and equipment will be completed on a monthly basis. Equipment, cleaning and maintenance supplies inventories shall be completed on the 15th of each month. Prepare purchase orders for manager approval.
3. Inventory tools, equipment, cleaning and maintenance supplies monthly. List must be maintained current, and a copy given to Site Manager for review.
4. Oversee and ensure that all tools, equipment, and supplies are kept in a uniform manner, in a storage bin, or shelf. New tools, equipment, and supplies should be added to the inventory list as purchased.
1. Maintain maintenance logs and reports.
2. Implementation of energy conservation measures, (i.e., window caulking, checking common area thermostat settings, etc.) as directed by On-Site Manager.
3. Perform unit make-readies. Ensure that units are being turned over with-in a three-day period. Schedule, or assist Manager with scheduling carpet/vinyl replacement, painters, and other vendors as necessary to make building repairs.
4. Monitor all maintenance contracts, (i.e., cleaning, elevator, landscaper, etc.) Ensure all work is being completed as specified in the contract.
5. Inspect as directed by Manager all outsourced work, (i.e., carpet replacement, electrical, plumbing, etc.) for quality and acceptability. Ensure all work is completed in accordance to the contract specification.
6. Assist Manager in periodic unit inspections, noting repairs necessary and any fire/safety/health or housing code violations. Also assist in determining cost to repair damages.
7. Assist with move-in and move-out inspections.
8. Explain heating and air conditioner, appliance use to new residents.
9. Clean, paint and/or refurbish apartments on move-out in a timely manner not to exceed three days without notification and explanation to Site Manager and Property Manager. Keep records of preparation time spent on each unit.
10. Be on-call for after hour emergencies. Other duties may be assigned or required as necessary.
Must have a minimum of five years hands-on working experience in apartment or building maintenance.
Must have experience in plumbing, heating, painting, electricity, and general building repairs.
HVAC certified a plus.