We are looking for a thorough Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of premises. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, HVAC installations, landscaping etc. A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired
We offer a competitive salary with Medical, Dental, and Vision (dependent on insurance level option) Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield available, 10 days of paid holidays, 10 days of paid vacation and 5 days of paid sick granted annually on an accrual basis. After six months of employment employees are eligible to contribute to our 401(k) plan where we match 100% of your salary deferrals that do not exceed 3% of your compensation or 50% of your salary deferrals between 3% and 5% of your compensation.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Sonya Harris at S.Harris@m-e-d-s.com.