Multifamily Development Director
Are you looking for a purpose-driven career, not just the same old 9 to 5? One that gives you a reason to come to work beyond just receiving a paycheck? Well, look no further! The SC Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) is actively searching for a Director for our Multifamily Development Division!
Why join SC Housing?
We know our employees work hard, so we work hard to encourage a culture that promotes work-life balance, well-being and employee engagement/recognition. We are a forward-thinking organization that is committed to changing lives by creating safe, decent, and affordable housing opportunities that fulfill dreams and inspire hope in our citizens. Our staff energizes the work that we do, and helps find solutions that make a difference in the lives of others. If you want to be part of an organization that allows you to connect your passion for improving the lives of others to purpose, we invite you to join our team of energetic housing champions!
How will you fit in?
In this role, you will play an integral role in fulfilling SC Housing's mission of providing safe and affordable housing for the citizens of South Carolina. As a member of Senior Leadership, you will keep the Executive Director apprised of the activities and needs of your division. You will direct a cross-functional team where it is expected that you will: respect and embrace diversity, develop and cultivate positive work relationships, extend your expertise to grow the mission of the agency, engage in strategic planning, and serve as liaison on affordable housing issues that impact the agency.
What will you do?
SC Housing's Development Division administers a diverse portfolio of housing development programs across the state of South Carolina to include Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), HOME, SC Housing Trust Fund (SCHTF), National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF), Small Rental Development Program (SRDP), SC Stay, and Multi-Family Tax Exempt Bonds programs. We are seeking a seasoned Leader with a strategic mindset and proven experience as program director or other managerial position to lead and develop staff and direct this diverse portfolio. In this position, you will:
- Direct, plan, and oversee the administration of the various programs within the Development Division.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to federal and state laws and regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Initiate and set goals for the Development Division programs according to the strategic objectives of the agency
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of policies and procedures
- Ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the agency.
- Work with staff to plan, develop, enhance, implement, and maintain internal policies and procedures.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities as appropriate or as directed by the Executive Director.
- Oversee the preparation of the division’s annual budget.
Agency Minimum Qualifications*:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Seven (7) years of full-time experience in the administration of federal grants, housing subsidy programs, housing management, commercial real estate, property development, or other housing related field
- Four (4) years of full-time supervisory management experience, which may run concurrently with professional experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters significant to the agency
- Ability to independently organize multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret laws, regulations policies and procedures relevant to grant or program management
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with an analytical approach
- Extensive computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft products
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and communicate high-level information to a non-technical audience
Employee must be able to perform these tasks with or without reasonable accommodations. SC Housing is committed to a diverse workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, including pregnancy & childbirth (or related medical conditions), age, or disability.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/schousing