Director of Security
The Director of Security will be responsible for the mission, vision, and goals of the corporate security function under general supervision of the Sr. Director of Operations/ Owned Assets and will be responsible for strategic initiatives and planning, analyzing security and safety vulnerabilities across all sites, overseeing day to day security operations, liaising with law enforcement agencies, developing and maintaining a physical/electronic security system master plan across all sites, and training/staffing requirements for security across the organization. This is a significant opportunity to build and manage a corporate security program within the real estate and multi-family housing sector from the ground up.
Key operational risks are deemed to be property/site health and safety conditions and employee-related hazards. In addition, this employee will supervise site-level business risks associated with exposure to tenants, and visitors.
- Determines best practices for security risk management
- Develops policies and procedures for security risk management.
- Review and discuss with PFMs monthly/quarterly/annual inspections related to security risk management and develop plan and budgets where appropriate. Assist in budget review process regarding security and risk management of areas such as lighting, etc.
- Provides assistance and guidance to field teams and security contractors regarding risk issues and administration of services · Conducts research and prepares a variety of statistical and administrative reports
- Assist in crafting the security management programs and work with the Portfolio Managers, security companies and local and state police departments to implement
- Coordinate with site team security companies schedules and needs assessments meeting with them consistently.
- Consistent review of incident reports, security company reports and police reports
- Assist PFMs and local police departments develop and implement Neighborhood Watch programs where appropriate.
- Meet with local police departments where appropriate to develop relationships of community service
- Review and discuss with PFMs monthly/quarterly/annual inspections related to security risk management and develop plan and budgets where appropriate
Qualifications and credentials
- Minimum of five years of real estate and/or multi-family housing operational and physical security experience, preferred · Degree Science in Criminal Justice or similar area of study preferred
- American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS) Board Certified Protection Professional (CPP) preferred
- American Crime Prevention Institute (ACPI) Basic Crime Prevention Certification preferred
- Training and experience in general liability property related safety issues such as slips, trips, and falls and insurance investigation and claims processes
- Ability to track/trend/present safety and security related incidents on a per site basis, apply effective mitigation measures, and track/trend/present success of applied mitigation measures
- Emotionally intelligent with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate effectively across the corporate structure and outside of the corporation with the necessary agencies to achieve department mission and goals with the overarching objective of significantly improving safety and security at all sites utilizing measurable metrics to verify progress
Additional preferred qualification and credentials
- Past law enforcement and/or military experience (honorably discharged) with a heavy community policing background in multi-family housing preferred
- General liability risk management experience in the real estate and/or housing sectors
- American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS) Board Certified Physical Security Professional (PSP)
- American Crime Prevention Institute (ACPI) Crime Prevention Through Community Engagement Certification
Available benefits: Health, dental, vision, FSA, 401K match, supplemental benefits, Long Term Disability, employer paid life, PTO
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com