Cambridge Management, Inc. specializes in the management of quality affordable housing communities. We currently manage more than 15,900 apartment homes in California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington. We attribute our success to the skill, versatility, and integrity of our front-line staff. If you'd like to join a growing company where opportunities abound for talented individuals- apply today!
Cambridge Management, Inc. is looking for a Compliance Specialist. This position works as a part of the Compliance team to ensure tenant's eligibility for residence with all occupancy regulations established by HUD, Tax Credit and other regulatory agencies for Cambridge Management Inc.'s portfolio.
Why work for us: Our benefits package offers Medical, Dental and Vision, 401K with employer match, Life Insurance, Long-Term disability, PTO includes 7 paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave. We also offer bonus potential and encourage employee growth opportunities.
- Review all move-ins by the end of the next business day from receipt; and review all initial certifications, annual re-certifications, and interim certifications within 48 hours of receipt; and provide written approval upon completion of the certification packet.
- Regularly review Recertification schedule to ensure all re-certifications are processed at least 60 days prior to the effective date of the certification. If a certification will not be completed in a timely manner, it is the Compliance Specialists responsibility to communicate this with the Compliance Manager, and propose a plan to get the certification processed as soon as possible.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to ensure compliance with all funding sources and regulatory agencies including HUD; State Tax Credit Agency; Syndicators, and other local, State and Federal lending/governing agencies; Limited Partners and other investors. Ensure guidelines and procedures for applicable agencies, lenders, and investors are met; including adequate record keeping, reporting systems, and other legal monitoring requirements and goals.
- Maintain and update the Special Needs Report, and provide a copy to the Compliance Manager and Director of Property Management every Friday.
- For all HUD subsidized properties, upon move-in approval, the Compliance Specialist will be responsible for providing the Community Manager and/or Assistant Manager with the prepared Form HUD-50059 and the completed HUD lease for signature(s).
- Work with the Community Managers and Assistant Managers in preparation of certification notices, interviews, verifications of household information, and completion of the Tenant Income Certifications.
- Work with the Community Managers in the preparation of all compliance related forms and documents as directed by the Compliance Manager.
- Provide weekly status reports during initial qualification period.
- Pull EIV reports for all move-ins (applies to HUD subsidized properties only).
- Complete monthly EIV zero income checks, and resolves EIV discrepancies (applies to HUD subsidized properties only).
- Perform compliance file reviews as needed, or as requested. It will be the Compliance Specialists responsibility to work with the Compliance Manager to schedule the planned on-site reviews, and ensure that they manage their time accordingly to accommodate and attend any scheduled audits and inspections, and continue to meet the required processing deadlines.
- Review all regulatory agreements for each property and conduct a review to ensure full compliance. In the event a community is found out of compliance, the Compliance Specialist will report and submit recommendations for implementing a correction plan, to bring the community back into compliance, to the Compliance Manager, Regional Manager and the Director of Property Management.
- Review and monitor compliance policies and procedures on property wait lists, and communicate any items of concern with the Regional Manager.
- Conduct pre-audits of the properties in preparation for scheduled file audits and inspections which require detailed file review, and will be required to represent the company at the audit for the file review.
- Work with the assigned Regional Manager to generate a response to any audit findings received from a Monitoring Agency. Prior to distributing the written response to the Monitor, the Compliance Specialist will provide the Compliance Manager with a drafted written response to audit findings for review and approval.
- Ensure adequate records of communication with lenders, regulatory agencies, limited partners, and other investors are kept on file.
- Complete and submit all required reports to the required local, State, or Federal lending agencies.
- Collect information from site staff and bookkeeping staff, as needed, to facilitate and reconcile records for accurate and timely reporting.
- Maintain a schedule/calendar of required compliance reporting due dates for multiple funding and government agencies.
- Monitor the State Agency websites for updates, new required forms, and procedures.
- Provide feedback to the Regional Manager and the Compliance Manager regarding the Community Managers', and other office staff's, performance of compliance responsibilities.
- Attend training seminars and events related to various funding programs with the Compliance Manager's approval.
- Perform other duties, assignments and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge of state and local landlord/tenant laws.
Ability to manage multiple high priorities at once
Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
Must have strong computer experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; AMSI, Yardi or RealPage experience is a plus.
Flexible demeanor and positive attitude
Required Education & Experience: High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum two (2) years' experience in multifamily housing industry or similar field
Our benefits package offers Medical, Dental and Vision, 401K with employer match, Life Insurance, Long-Term disability, PTO includes 7 paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave. We also offer bonus potential and encourage employee growth opportunities.