The Compliance Specialist (“CS”) performs and is responsible for all occupancy related operations of Affordable Housing Management (“AHM”) managed properties and personnel. Computer, strong written and verbal communications, effective decision making, interpersonal, strong organizational skills, and attention to details are required.
Affordable Housing Management (AHM), a forty-nine-year-old Greensboro, NC based nonprofit multifamily developer/owner/manager is seeking an experienced Compliance Specialist (CS) to oversee a portfolio of affordable (LIHTC, HOME, HUD, etc.) communities. The position will be based in Greensboro with all current properties located in Greensboro.
Principle Responsibilities: The CS may perform all the following duties according to company policy and procedures:
1) Responsible for compiling and approval of all applications for all AHM properties. All verifications of employment, previous residences, criminal, credit, and any other pertinent information to assure total compliance with all Owners, General Partners, and regulatory agency’s (HUD, NCHFA, IRS, City, State, etc.) occupancy requirements. All approved applications will be evidenced by CS signature.
2) Monitoring and preparing all required occupancy related monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for all properties to assure reports are completed and submitted prior to any due date.
3) Provide training and trouble shooting to site staff of TRACS, 50059’s, RCRS, HAP vouchers and Classic. Keep copies of monthly HAP vouchers. Review and pre-approve all move-ins. Review all onsite move-in and move-out files to assure proper file order, signatures, dates and all necessary forms and documentation are included, check calculator tapes and review for accuracy.
4) Report to Operations Manager on a regular basis any problems with accuracy or timing of documentation submitted by Property Site Managers, i.e. unusual turn around time on applications.
5) Responsible for the timely completion of all Recertifications by site managers. Compile and approve all Recertifications, check for timeliness and run calculator tape to check for accuracy and compliance with regulations. Assure that Operations Manager is kept abreast on a regular basis of late or any unusual or problematic situations regarding Recertifications. Provide Operations Manager with a monthly recertification list for all properties to assure timely recertification. Review all final recertification documents to assure proper file order, signatures, dates and all necessary forms and documentation are included and review for accuracy.
6) Ensure software is properly set up for all properties.
7) Responsible for assuring that all move-out security deposit disposition are completed within time period state law requires as per policy and procedures.
8) Assist all property site managers, as necessary, with occupancy operations and problem solving.
9) Provide initial and on-going occupancy training as required, for site managers and office personnel.
10) Assist with, monitor, and assure site management compliance of AHM’s, Owner’s, General Partner’s, and regulatory agency’s (HUD, NCHFA, IRS, City and State) occupancy requirements. Monitor regulatory changes and implement into current policies and procedures.
11) Monitor and assure compliance with State Landlord-Tenant laws and Fair Housing Laws.
12) If applicable, assist Property Site Managers with handling special claims on a quarterly basis. Responsible for getting reports reviewed and mailed each quarter.
13) Prepare, update and coordinate distribution and use of preprinted forms, notices, and other occupancy related correspondence.
14) Assist, monitor and assure implementation of lease changes and enforcement.
15) Report to and work closely with the Operations Manager and Executive Director regarding all occupancy and training related functions.
16) Substitute for site managers and/or Operations Manager when necessary.
17) Responsible for preparation and all processes of Compliance Reviews by Regulatory Agencies.
18) Assist Property Site Managers with Resident Activities and Supportive Services.
19) Monitor property’s waitlist(s) to assure compliance.
20) Compile and approve all Section 8 Voucher leases and renewals.
21) Assist with and be significantly involved with new/rehab property initial rent-up process.
22) Assist Operations Manager with maintaining proper site office organization and design.
23) Responsible of submitting Section 8 Vouchers and responding to any corrections requested by contractor.
24) Responsible for entering in Classic and submitting Repayment Agreements.
25) Responsible for submitting Special Claims.
26) Responsible for entering rents in Classic for Section 8, Key and PHA residents.
27) Responsible for reviewing and approving documents for Key residents in the RCRS.
28) Responsible for submitting PHA, Key and any other rental assistance payment requests.
29) Responsible for reviewing all Move-Ins’ documentation uploaded in RCRS.
30) Assist with the interviewing, hiring, and terminating of Site Managers and Site Assistant Managers. Other duties as assigned.
The CS must have the ability to remain calm and respond quickly to resolve problems which arise in day to day operations; be resourceful and self-directed; complete multifaceted tasks under demanding conditions to accomplish desired results; have strong interpersonal skills; be proficient in developing team-based working relationships; be detail oriented; maintain high level of confidentiality; and project a professional image and a positive attitude. The CS must have a dependable vehicle to be used to conduct AHM business (mileage reimbursement is provided).
Competitive salary based on experience plus excellent benefits: Medical, dental, short- and long-term disability, long term care insurance, life insurance, vision; generous paid vacation and personal time, mileage, cell phone allowance, 401(k) with employer match, etc.