Fair Housing Timely Topics
August 16, 2017
10:00 - 11:30 am EST
(9:00 - 10:30 am CST)
SAHMA Members: $95
HUD has sharpened its focus on fair housing and continues to surprise managers with new notices and initiatives. Are you up to date and prepared to follow the latest HUD guidance? Plus, how has the change of administration affected these issues?
- Disparate Impact – what the court cases are telling us
- Update on Criminal Background Screening
- New (9/13/16) Guidance on Local Nuisance & Crime-Free Ordinances
- New (9/13/16) Guidance on Limited English Proficiency
- Fair Housing and VAWA
- HUD’s Final Rule on Quid Pro Quo and Hostile Environment Harassment (9/14/15)
- HUD’s Affirmative Furthering Fair Housing regulation & tool – the latest guidance
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans: an update
- HUD’s Amendment to Equal Access Rule re: Gender Identity (9/20/16)
- Wait List Administration – a cautionary tale
- Immigration Laws and HUD’s Citizenship Rule
Trainer: Gwen Volk, gwen volk INFOCUS, Inc.
This class offers 1.5 hours of continuing education credits
Cancellations: Must be received in writing by end of day the Monday prior to the event to receive a refund less a $25 fee. After that date, only substitutions may be made. NO SHOWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FULL REGISTRATION FEE!
Confirmation: If you do not receive an email confirmation of your registration, contact the SAHMA office.
Questions: Call SAHMA at 800.745.4088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org