May 31, 2017
10:00 - 11:30 am EST
(9:00 - 10:30 am CST)
SAHMA Members: $95
Accessibility, Reasonable Modifications and/or Reasonable Accommodations Under the Fair Housing Act
Are you familiar with the accessibility, reasonable accommodation or reasonable modification requirements at your property? We will discuss the requirements you must follow when it comes to offering reasonable accommodations to rules, policies, practices, or services for persons with disabilities. We will also cover the requirements and procedures that apply to modifications. We will also cover:
Trainer: Heather Staggs, S.T.A.R. Momentum Compliance Consulting, Inc.
- Who is considered a person with a disability under the Disability under the fair housing act?
- What is a reasonable accommodation, is it reasonable and when is it necessary?
- When is an animal considered a pet vs. an assistive animal?
- What are the required accessibility design and construction requirements at a property?
- Who pays for the accommodation or modification?
- The latest case law involving accessibility modifications and assistive animals
This class offers 1.5 hours of continuing education credits
Cancellations: Must be received in writing by end of day the Monday prior to the event to receive a refund less a $25 fee. After that date, only substitutions may be made. NO SHOWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FULL REGISTRATION FEE!
Confirmation: If you do not receive an email confirmation of your registration, contact the SAHMA office.
Questions: Call SAHMA at 800.745.4088 or email email@example.com